Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Shadows(Lux 0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5 Stars


The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.



This was a great prequel to Obsidian. If you haven't read Obsidian yet please read this first! If you've already read Obsidian, then read this ASAP! It'll explain a lot! 


I absolutely love Jennifer's way of writing. I was very happy that this story was told in different POV's. This story gives you a whole new understanding of why Daemon has such a hate for humans. 
Dawson's character just makes your heart melt! 
I was so glad to see the instant attraction between Dawson and Bethany, and yet they took their time with falling in love. Dawson would give up everything he knew for Bethany. I was really glad to see how Bethany wasn't scared or creeped out about Dawson and his family being aliens. Instead she found them beautiful! 
The ending absolutely had me crying. I couldn't believe it ended that way but I had a suspicion it would. 
I am so happy I found this series!! I would high recommend it to everyone! It's not the usual vampire or werewolf stories, it's all new. I was captivated from the beginning. Heck, the I was captivated just by the cover! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment