Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

4 Stars


I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul.
The good news? He didn't get it.
The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…
Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.
But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….


I gotta say my favorite thing about this book is Tod's relationship with Kaylee. He is so protective and devoted to her. I also was excited to see they finally said those three famous words to each other. Tod is my favorite character! I love his sarcasm. I really like how Vincent has portrayed Kaylee with learning her new life as being undead. I am so glad to see that Kaylee's dad still acted like a dad regardless of her dead status. After the many problems they had with Avari in the last few books I was worried that the new problem with Avari for this book wouldn't be so good, but I was worried over nothing!! 


What I didn't like about this novel(reasons I gave it a 4 star, not 5) was how the school never seemed to notice anything when there have been so many students dropping dead on school grounds, and they are all linked in some way to Kaylee. Also the dagger Kaylee was given is very important. Why doesn't she keep it with her at all times?! The times she needs it most it's never with her. The least favorite thing was the parents had the whole gang stay home from school and spend the night at Kaylee's so they would be all together in case anything happened. Then decided to go spend a day at the lake for Kaylee's non-birthday. Of course problems show up at the lake and they all split up and the parents leave! What?!! Didn't make too much sense. 


It was still a good book though, and I am so ready to read the final book of the series. I can't wait to see how Kaylee gets her revenge on Avari!

No comments:

Post a Comment