Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Obsidian(A Lux Novel, Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5 Stars


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is. 



O.M.G!!! I must say, I think this will be my new favorite series!!!!! In Obsidian you meet Katy who moves to a small town with her mother. She is a book-a-holic and has her own book review blog, just like me! Her mother keeps bugging her about meeting people so she decides to ask the kids next door where the nearest store is. Guess who answers the door?! That's right, Daemon Black! He is handsome, too handsome, with bright out of this world green eyes and the perfect body. The only problem, he's a jerk! His twin sister Dee becomes fast friends with Katy, but Daemon doesn't like it. He tries everything to keep Katy away from his sister. Throughout this book you see Daemon being hot and cold with Katy. But deep down you can tell he has a huge thing for her. Katy of course is a strong girl but some how always ends up in trouble. Trouble that leads to Daemon constantly saving her life. Which eventually leads into him having to let his secret become revealed. Him and Dee(along with most of the whole town) are aliens! No human is supposed to know, ones that find out usually end up disappearing. Every time Dee or Daemon use their powers around a human it leaves a trace on the human, a trace only the Luxen(Daemon's species) and Arum(Luxen's enemies) can see. Of course Katy gets a trace a few times. Which leads Arum to finding her. In the end Katy saves Dee and Daemon from a Arum(which is very surprising to the Luxen), sacrificing her own life. Daemon ends up using his healing power to bring her back from the brink of death, which leads to them having a unbreakable bond. He finally admits his feelings to her but she thinks its only because of the bond, so she turns him down. Stupid! The book ends with him still trying to convince her they should be together. 
If you get the book from amazon.com they have a few chapters in the back of the book in Daemon's POV. Great!!!!! Also a sneak peak into Onyx(Book 2). 
Please make sure you read Shadows, the prequel. You can find it on your kindle. It explains a LOT and can help you understand Daemon's personality a lot more. 
ENJOY! I know I did!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment