Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Predestined by Abbi Glines

4 Stars


You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited.

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.



I really enjoyed Existence, but I gotta say Predestined is AMAZING! You get to see a lot more back story to the characters. The book flows well and can be read in a short sitting. 
I was completely swooned by Dank in the first book but not so much this one. He spent very little time with Pagan. I did really love to see his interaction with Pagan's mother though. 
I love how Abbi Glines gave us more insight into relation of Pagan, Wyatt and Miranda. You get to see bits of stories from their past. 
I have to say I fell a bit more in love with Leif in this book. Which is good because I was upset with how little Leif was mentioned in book one. You get to see more into his past with Pagan and his life story. You find out his father is evil and Pagan's soul has been promised to Leif due to her mother asking a voodoo witch for help in saving Pagan when she was little and was going to die. Even with all that you start to feel sorry for Leif and care for him. Or at least I did. 
What I thought was interesting is you find out Wyatt and Miranda's souls are soul mates. Also that Pagan's "soul mate" is her ex-boyfriend Jay, which I think we will see more of in book three! 
All in all it was a great book! I will definitely be waiting for book three. At this moment I am reading "Leif", a novella that is set in Leif's POV. Exciting! I am also looking into more of Abbi Glines books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment