Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

5 Stars


Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

This book is intended for mature audiences. 





I must say, this is so much better than the first book! I don't think I've ever said that before. 
Christian Grey decides to try a "vanilla" relationship with Anastasia Steele in the second book. It's so great to see a big intimidating man fall in love with Ana. He changes so much in this book. 
Don't get me wrong, he still likes all the "kinky-fuckery" that he has always enjoyed. He just puts most of it aside for Ana. 
During this book you have 2 problems. Ana's new boss is a pig that preys on young women at the job. Christian has taken over her business to keep an eye on her so he knows just how bad this man is and keeps warning Ana. But of course we find her getting almost attacked by her boss. 
Second problem is Leila. Christian's ex-sub. She has left her husband and gone pretty much insane. Starts following Christian and Ana, vandalizes Ana's car, attacks Ana with a gun in her own apartment! 
But the best part of the whole book is seeing their relationship grow. Christian even lets Ana touch him!!!!! There is one big part of the book that made me cry because it was unexpected and just so great! BUT, I won't spoil that for you! Read it!!!!!!


I will point out 2 things that I just don't care for in this series. 
1. Ana's over use of the words "Oh my." Seriously, she is saying that in her mind all the time! 
2. Even though it's hot as ever, they just have too much sex! It almost seems unrealistic! Sometimes they can't even get through a full meal without getting it on. I know most people probably love this the most about the book, but not me. I am more interested in the story.
I'm crazy, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment