Every review will have spoilers!!!!!!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5 Stars

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Jennifer Armentrout has done it again! I must say Onyx was a big hit! I might even say I loved it more than Obsidian! 
First off, I know some people don't care to read novellas and that's understandable, but I really suggest you read Shadows before going onto Onyx. Actually, I will say it's vital that you read Shadows before Onyx. If you don't some things just might not make sense to you. 
The character development in this book is awesome. Katy was strong and heroic in Obsidian, but she is that and so much more in Onyx. We get to see a different side of Daemon. Yes he's still a sarcastic jerk but we get to see a softer and deeper side to him. It made me fall even more in love with his character. 
In Onyx Katy starts realizing she has gained power, Luxen power. Her and Daemon don't really understand why until the "new kid", Blake, arrives into town. He finally lets out his secret, he's also a human that has been healed by a Luxen. And humans that are healed by Luxen are mutated. Some survive and some don't. But being a mutated human puts Katy, and all her friends, in big danger. 
But the biggest and most unthinkable happens! Katy sees Bethany with the DOD! Which means Dawson may be alive!! 
Katy and Daemon unlock many secrets in this book, and find some big surprises! 
The end had me crying with sadness and joy. 
Someone who they all loved and thought was gone forever, is back. And someone else they love dear, will be gone forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment